What is the antonym of “misogyny”?
The antonyms of misogyny are feminism and pro-women. The antonyms feminism and pro-women convey a positive and supportive attitude towards women, while misogyny conveys a negative and hostile attitude towards women.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
She is a strong advocate of feminism and believes in equal opportunities for men and women.
Supportive of women's rights and interests.
The company has a pro-women policy that promotes gender equality and diversity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Feminism is a social and political movement that advocates for women's rights and gender equality.
- 2Pro-women is a term used to describe policies or attitudes that support women's rights and interests.
- 3Misogyny is a negative and hostile attitude towards women, often resulting in discrimination and violence.
Good things to know
- 1Promote Gender Equality: Use feminism and pro-women to advocate for women's rights and gender equality.
- 2Combat Discrimination: Use misogyny to identify and condemn negative and hostile attitudes towards women.
- 3Raise Awareness: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions and debates to raise awareness about gender issues and promote positive change.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Feminism and pro-women promote women's rights and gender equality, while misogyny conveys a negative and hostile attitude towards women. Use these words to promote gender equality, combat discrimination, and raise awareness about gender issues.