What is the antonym of “misrepute”?
The antonym of misrepute is repute, esteem, and respectability. These words convey a positive or favorable reputation or standing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The opinion or judgment that people have about someone or something; the state of being highly regarded.
The restaurant has a good repute for its delicious food and excellent service.
Respect and admiration for someone or something; a favorable opinion or high regard.
She was held in high esteem by her colleagues for her hard work and dedication.
The quality of being respectable; having a good reputation, moral character, and social standing.
The politician's respectability was called into question after allegations of corruption surfaced.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Repute refers to the general opinion or judgment that people have about someone or something.
- 2Esteem describes the respect and admiration that someone or something is held in.
- 3Respectability denotes the quality of having a good reputation, moral character, and social standing.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use repute, esteem, and respectability to express positive opinions and judgments.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate admiration and respect.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in written pieces to create a positive tone and convey favorable opinions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Repute refers to the general opinion, esteem describes respect and admiration, and respectability denotes a good reputation. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a positive tone and conveying favorable opinions.