The Opposite(Antonym) of “mistimed”
The antonyms of mistimed are well-timed and opportune. The antonyms well-timed and opportune convey a positive or favorable timing. It implies that something is happening at the right moment or in a timely manner.
Explore all Antonyms of “mistimed”
Definitions and Examples of well-timed, opportune
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Happening at an appropriate or advantageous time.
Her arrival was well-timed, just as we were about to start the meeting.
Occurring at a favorable or advantageous time; suitable or convenient.
The rain came at an opportune moment, just as the crops needed watering.
Key Differences: well-timed vs opportune
- 1Well-timed refers to something happening at an appropriate or advantageous time.
- 2Opportune refers to something occurring at a favorable or convenient time.
Effective Usage of well-timed, opportune
- 1Enhance Communication: Use well-timed and opportune to express positive timing effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show gratitude for good timing.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense by contrasting good and bad timing.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Well-timed refers to something happening at an appropriate or advantageous time, while opportune refers to something occurring at a favorable or convenient time. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation for good timing, and enrich writing by creating tension and suspense through contrasting good and bad timing.