What is the antonym of “misvalued”?
The antonyms of misvalued are overvalued, overestimated, and appreciated. These words convey the opposite meaning of misvalued, which means to assign an incorrect value or worth to something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be valued too highly or above its true worth.
The company's stock was overvalued and eventually crashed.
To estimate or judge something to be greater than it actually is.
He overestimated his ability to finish the project on time.
To be valued or recognized for its worth or quality.
Her hard work was appreciated by her boss.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Overvalued refers to assigning a higher value than what is deserved.
- 2Overestimated refers to judging something to be greater than its actual value.
- 3Appreciated refers to recognizing the value or worth of something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use overvalued to describe stocks or assets that are priced too high.
- 2Estimation: Use overestimated to describe an incorrect judgment of value or quantity.
- 3Appreciation: Use appreciated to express recognition or gratitude for something's value or worth.
The antonyms of misvalued are overvalued, overestimated, and appreciated. Use these words to describe incorrect valuations, judgments, or estimations. Overvalued refers to assigning a higher value than deserved, overestimated refers to judging something to be greater than its actual value, and appreciated refers to recognizing the value or worth of something.