The Opposite(Antonym) of “narcissism”
The antonyms of narcissism are humility and modesty. The antonyms humility and modesty convey a lack of self-importance or excessive pride. It implies a willingness to acknowledge one's limitations and imperfections.
Definitions and Examples of humility, modesty
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
Despite his success, he maintained a sense of humility and never boasted about his achievements.
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
She showed modesty by downplaying her role in the project's success.
Key Differences: humility vs modesty
- 1Humility is a quality that involves recognizing one's limitations and imperfections, while narcissism is characterized by excessive self-love and self-importance.
- 2Modesty is a quality that involves being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements, while narcissism is characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance and entitlement.
Effective Usage of humility, modesty
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to reflect on your own behavior and cultivate positive qualities.
- 2Interpersonal Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and understanding.
- 3Professional Development: Utilize these antonyms in the workplace to foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Humility conveys a modest or low view of one's importance, while modesty involves being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements. Use these words to reflect on personal behavior, demonstrate respect in conversations, and foster a collaborative environment in the workplace.