Definitions and Examples of stranger, foreigner
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar.
She felt uncomfortable talking to a stranger on the bus.
A person from another country or nation; an outsider.
As a foreigner, he struggled to adapt to the new culture and language.
Key Differences: stranger vs foreigner
- 1Stranger refers to someone who is not known or familiar to you, while foreigner refers to someone from another country or nation.
- 2Stranger can be used to describe anyone who is not known, while foreigner specifically refers to someone from another country.
Effective Usage of stranger, foreigner
- 1Travel: Use foreigner when referring to people from other countries.
- 2Safety: Teach children to avoid talking to strangers to stay safe.
- 3Community: Encourage people to get to know their neighbors to build a sense of community.
The antonyms of neighbor are stranger and foreigner. While stranger refers to someone who is not known or familiar to you, foreigner specifically refers to someone from another country. Use these words in different contexts such as travel, safety, and community building.