Definitions and Examples of approve, accept, allow
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To officially agree to or accept something as satisfactory.
The committee will approve the proposal if it meets all the requirements.
To receive or take something willingly; to agree to a proposal or offer.
She decided to accept the job offer despite the long commute.
To give permission for something to happen or be done.
The teacher will allow extra time for students who need it to complete the exam.
Key Differences: approve vs accept vs allow
- 1Approve implies an official endorsement or agreement with something.
- 2Accept suggests a willingness to receive or take something, often in a positive way.
- 3Allow indicates giving permission for something to happen or be done.
Effective Usage of approve, accept, allow
- 1Negotiations: Use these antonyms to express different positions in negotiations or discussions.
- 2Decision Making: Incorporate these words to describe the outcome of a decision-making process.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create contrast and convey different perspectives.
The antonyms of nix are approve, accept, and allow. These words convey different meanings, such as official agreement, willingness to receive, and permission to do something. Use these words in negotiations, decision-making, and writing to create contrast and convey different perspectives.