The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonachievement”
The antonyms of nonachievement are achievement and success. These words convey opposite meanings when it comes to accomplishing a goal or reaching a desired outcome.
Explore all Antonyms of “nonachievement”
Definitions and Examples of achievement, success
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Something accomplished successfully, especially through hard work, skill, or perseverance.
Winning the championship was a great achievement for the team after months of rigorous training.
The accomplishment of an aim or purpose; the attainment of fame, wealth, or social status.
After years of hard work and dedication, she finally achieved success in her career as a writer.
Key Differences: achievement vs success
- 1Achievement refers to something that has been accomplished successfully, often through hard work, skill, or perseverance.
- 2Success refers to the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, which can include attaining fame, wealth, or social status.
Effective Usage of achievement, success
- 1Goal-Setting: Use these antonyms to set clear goals and track progress effectively.
- 2Motivation: Incorporate these words in conversations to motivate oneself or others to strive for success and achieve their goals.
- 3Academic Writing: Utilize these antonyms in academic writing to express opposing ideas and create a more nuanced argument.
The antonyms achievement and success have distinct meanings. Achievement refers to something accomplished successfully through hard work, skill, or perseverance, while success refers to the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, which can include attaining fame, wealth, or social status. Use these words to set clear goals, motivate oneself or others, and create a more nuanced argument in academic writing.