The Opposite(Antonym) of “nondissolving”
The antonyms of nondissolving are soluble and dissolvable. These words describe the ability of a substance to dissolve or not dissolve in a liquid.
Explore all Antonyms of “nondissolving”
Definitions and Examples of soluble, dissolvable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being dissolved in a liquid.
Sugar is soluble in water.
Able to be dissolved in a liquid.
The pill is dissolvable in water.
Key Differences: soluble vs dissolvable
- 1Soluble describes a substance that can be dissolved in a liquid, while dissolvable refers to a substance that is able to be dissolved in a liquid.
- 2Soluble is a complementary antonym, meaning it is the opposite of nondissolving, while dissolvable is a gradable antonym, meaning it is the opposite of indissoluble.
Effective Usage of soluble, dissolvable
- 1Science: Use these words to describe the properties of substances in chemistry and biology.
- 2Cooking: Use soluble to describe ingredients that dissolve in liquids, such as sugar or salt.
- 3Product Labels: Use dissolvable to describe products that dissolve in water, such as cleaning tablets or medicine.
The antonyms soluble and dissolvable describe the ability of a substance to dissolve in a liquid. Soluble is a complementary antonym, while dissolvable is a gradable antonym. Use these words in science, cooking, and product labels to describe the properties of substances.