The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonnegative”
The antonym of nonnegative is negative and less than zero. The antonyms negative and less than zero convey a negative or opposite meaning to nonnegative. It implies a value that is less than zero or not positive.
Explore all Antonyms of “nonnegative”
- less than zero
Definitions and Examples of negative, less than zero
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing or implying the opposite of affirmation; denying.
The news about the pandemic had a negative impact on the stock market.
Key Differences: negative vs less than zero
- 1Negative is an adjective that describes something that is opposite or contrary to what is desired or expected.
- 2Less than zero is a phrase that describes a value that is below zero, indicating a negative quantity.
Effective Usage of negative, less than zero
- 1Mathematics: Use less than zero to describe negative numbers in mathematical equations.
- 2Finance: Use negative to describe a loss or decline in financial investments.
- 3Science: Use negative to describe the absence or deficiency of a particular substance or condition.
The antonyms negative and less than zero convey a negative or opposite meaning to nonnegative. Use less than zero in mathematical equations and negative in finance and science to describe losses, deficiencies, or declines.