What is the antonym of “acclimatable”?
The antonyms of acclimatable are inadaptible and unadaptable. These words describe the inability to adjust or adapt to new situations, environments, or conditions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to adapt or adjust to new situations or environments.
He found it difficult to make friends in a new country because he was inadaptible to the local customs and traditions.
Not capable of adjusting or changing to new situations or conditions.
She was unadaptable to the fast-paced work environment and struggled to keep up with the demands of her job.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inadaptible implies a complete inability to adapt to new situations or environments.
- 2Unadaptable suggests a difficulty or resistance to change or adjustment.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Express Opinions: Use these words to express your opinions about people or situations that you find difficult to adapt to.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
The antonyms inadaptible and unadaptable describe the inability or difficulty to adjust or adapt to new situations or environments. Inadaptible implies a complete inability to adapt, while unadaptable suggests a difficulty or resistance to change. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, express your opinions, and add variety to your writing.