What is the antonym of “angularity”?
The antonyms of angularity are roundness, smoothness, and fluidity. These antonyms describe the opposite characteristics of something that is angular, which means having sharp corners or edges.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being round or curved; lacking sharp corners or edges.
The pebbles on the beach were worn smooth by the waves, giving them a pleasing roundness.
The quality of being smooth or even; lacking roughness or irregularities.
The surface of the polished marble had a pleasing smoothness that was cool to the touch.
The quality of being able to flow easily and smoothly; lacking rigidity or stiffness.
The dancer's movements had a graceful fluidity that made them seem effortless.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Roundness describes something that is curved or lacking sharp corners or edges.
- 2Smoothness describes something that is even or lacking roughness or irregularities.
- 3Fluidity describes something that is able to flow easily and smoothly, lacking rigidity or stiffness.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use these antonyms to describe the characteristics of shapes, textures, and materials.
- 2Science and Engineering: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the properties of fluids, surfaces, and structures.
- 3Sports and Fitness: Utilize these antonyms to describe the movements and techniques of athletes and dancers.
The antonyms of angularity describe the opposite characteristics of something that is angular. Roundness refers to something that is curved, smoothness refers to something that is even, and fluidity refers to something that is able to flow easily and smoothly. These antonyms can be used in various fields such as art and design, science and engineering, and sports and fitness.