What is the antonym of “anhydrous”?
The antonym of anhydrous is hydrated and aqueous. The antonyms hydrated and aqueous convey the presence of water or moisture.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Containing water or moisture.
After a long run, it's important to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Containing water or similar to water in appearance or texture.
The chemist mixed the powder with an aqueous solution to create a new compound.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hydrated refers to something that contains water or moisture.
- 2Aqueous refers to something that is similar to water in appearance or texture.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use hydrated and aqueous to describe chemical compounds and reactions.
- 2Health: Use hydrated to encourage people to drink water and stay hydrated.
- 3Cooking: Use hydrated to describe food that has been soaked in water, and aqueous to describe the texture of liquids.