Definitions and Examples of normality, conformity
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state or quality of being usual, typical, or expected.
After the pandemic, people are looking forward to returning to a sense of normality.
Compliance with standards, rules, or expectations that are generally accepted in a particular society or group.
In some cultures, conformity is highly valued, and deviation from established norms is frowned upon.
Key Differences: normality vs conformity
- 1Normality refers to the state of being usual or typical, while anomalies refer to things that deviate from the norm.
- 2Conformity refers to compliance with established norms, while anomalies refer to things that do not conform to the norm.
Effective Usage of normality, conformity
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms in academic writing to describe statistical data or research findings.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business communication to discuss trends, patterns, and deviations from established norms.
- 3Social Interaction: Use these antonyms in social interactions to describe behaviors, attitudes, or beliefs that conform or deviate from social norms.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Normality conveys a sense of regularity and predictability, while conformity refers to compliance with established norms. Use these words in academic writing, business communication, and social interaction to describe trends, patterns, and deviations from established norms.