What is the antonym of “anthropomorphic”?
The antonyms of anthropomorphic are non-anthropomorphic and inhuman. The antonyms convey a lack of human-like qualities or characteristics.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not having human-like qualities or characteristics.
The alien in the movie was designed to look non-anthropomorphic with its tentacles and multiple eyes.
Lacking human qualities such as compassion, kindness, or empathy.
The dictator's actions were described as inhuman due to the cruelty and disregard for human life.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Non-anthropomorphic refers to something that does not have human-like qualities or characteristics.
- 2Inhuman refers to something that lacks human qualities such as compassion, kindness, or empathy.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use these antonyms to describe the characteristics of different art styles or designs.
- 2Science Fiction: Incorporate these antonyms when describing aliens or other non-human characters in science fiction stories.
- 3Animal Behavior: Use these antonyms to describe the behavior of animals that exhibit human-like qualities versus those that do not.
The antonyms non-anthropomorphic and inhuman convey a lack of human-like qualities or characteristics. Use these words to describe art styles, designs, animal behavior, or non-human characters in science fiction stories.