What is the antonym of “anticompetitive”?
The antonym of anticompetitive is competitive and pro-competitive. The antonyms competitive and pro-competitive convey a positive or favorable attitude towards competition. It implies a state of being willing and able to compete.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a strong desire to win or be the best at something; involving or promoting competition.
She is very competitive and always tries to outdo her colleagues.
Favoring or promoting competition, especially in business or trade.
The government's policy is pro-competitive and aims to create a level playing field for all businesses.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Competitive describes a person or situation that involves or promotes competition.
- 2Pro-competitive describes a policy or action that favors or promotes competition, especially in business or trade.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use competitive and pro-competitive to describe business strategies and policies.
- 2Sports: Use competitive to describe athletes or teams that have a strong desire to win.
- 3Politics: Use pro-competitive to describe policies that promote fair competition in the market.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Competitive describes a person or situation that involves or promotes competition, while pro-competitive describes a policy or action that favors or promotes competition, especially in business or trade. Use these words in business, sports, and politics to describe strategies, policies, athletes, or teams that have a strong desire to win and promote fair competition in the market.