What is the antonym of “antimystic”?
The antonym of antimystic is mystical and spiritual. The antonyms mystical and spiritual convey a positive or transcendent emotional state. It implies a sense of wonder, awe, or connection to something greater than oneself.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the supernatural or mystical experience; having a spiritual or transcendental quality.
The ancient ruins had a mystical aura that left visitors feeling awestruck.
Relating to the human spirit or soul; having a connection to a higher power or divine force.
She found solace in spiritual practices such as meditation and prayer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mystical refers to experiences or qualities that are beyond the physical realm, while antimystic denotes a rejection of such experiences or qualities.
- 2Spiritual refers to a connection to a higher power or divine force, while antimystic suggests a lack of belief in such connections.
Good things to know
- 1Express Beliefs: Use mystical and spiritual to describe experiences or beliefs related to the supernatural or divine.
- 2Discuss Differences: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to discuss differences in beliefs or perspectives.
- 3Explore Themes: Utilize these antonyms in literature or art to explore themes related to spirituality, mysticism, or existentialism.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Mystical conveys experiences or qualities beyond the physical realm, while spiritual suggests a connection to a higher power or divine force. Use these words to express beliefs, discuss differences, and explore themes related to spirituality, mysticism, or existentialism.