The Opposite(Antonym) of “antipathetical”
The antonym of antipathetical are sympathetic, friendly, and favorable. The antonyms sympathetic, friendly, and favorable convey a positive or agreeable attitude towards someone or something. It implies a feeling of liking, support, or approval.
Definitions and Examples of sympathetic, friendly, favorable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or showing concern or compassion for someone's situation or feelings.
She was very sympathetic when I told her about my problems.
Kind and pleasant; showing goodwill and affection.
The new neighbors were very friendly and invited us over for dinner.
Expressing approval or support; advantageous or beneficial.
The company's financial report showed favorable results, which pleased the investors.
Key Differences: sympathetic vs friendly vs favorable
- 1Sympathetic conveys a feeling of concern or compassion for someone's situation or feelings.
- 2Friendly describes a kind and pleasant attitude towards someone.
- 3Favorable expresses approval or support and refers to a situation that is advantageous or beneficial.
Effective Usage of sympathetic, friendly, favorable
- 1Social Interactions: Use sympathetic, friendly, and favorable to show a positive attitude towards others.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in professional conversations to express approval or support.
- 3Writing: Utilize these words in writing to create a positive tone and convey a favorable impression.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Sympathetic conveys concern or compassion, friendly describes a kind attitude, and favorable expresses approval or support. Use these words in social interactions, business communication, and writing to create a positive tone and convey a favorable impression.