What is the antonym of “antiquatedness”?
The antonym of antiquatedness is modernity and innovation. The antonyms modernity and innovation convey a sense of newness, progress, and advancement. They imply the opposite of outdatedness and old-fashionedness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or condition of being modern; the state of being current, up-to-date, or contemporary.
The museum's architecture reflects the modernity of the city's skyline.
The introduction of new ideas, methods, or products; a creative and original approach to problem-solving.
The company's success is due to its constant innovation and willingness to take risks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Modernity refers to the state of being current, up-to-date, or contemporary.
- 2Innovation refers to the introduction of new ideas, methods, or products.
Good things to know
- 1Technology: Use modernity and innovation to describe the latest advancements in technology.
- 2Business: Incorporate these antonyms in business contexts to emphasize the importance of staying current and innovative.
- 3Art and Design: Utilize these antonyms to describe the difference between traditional and modern art and design styles.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Modernity refers to the state of being current, up-to-date, or contemporary, while innovation refers to the introduction of new ideas, methods, or products. Use these words in technology, business, and art contexts to emphasize the importance of staying current, innovative, and creative.