What is the antonym of “apologetical”?
The antonyms of apologetical are unapologetic and defiant. The antonym unapologetic means not feeling or showing regret or remorse for one's actions, while defiant means boldly resisting authority or an opposing force.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not feeling or showing regret or remorse for one's actions.
He was unapologetic about his behavior and refused to apologize.
Boldly resisting authority or an opposing force.
The protesters were defiant in the face of police brutality and refused to back down.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unapologetic describes a lack of regret or remorse for one's actions.
- 2Defiant describes a bold resistance to authority or an opposing force.
Good things to know
- 1Express Contrasting Attitudes: Use apologetical and its antonyms to express different attitudes towards a situation or action.
- 2Discuss Personal Beliefs: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about personal beliefs and values.
- 3Analyze Characters: Utilize these antonyms in literary analysis to understand characters' motivations and attitudes.
The antonyms of apologetical are unapologetic and defiant. Use these words to express contrasting attitudes, discuss personal beliefs, and analyze characters in literature.