What is the antonym of “apotheosized”?
The antonyms of apotheosized are demean, debase, and disparage. These words convey a negative or lower status of something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To lower the dignity or standing of someone or something.
His rude behavior towards his colleagues will demean him in the eyes of his boss.
To reduce the quality, value, or character of something.
Adding water to the wine will debase its quality and taste.
To belittle or criticize someone or something.
She always tries to disparage her colleagues' work to make herself look better.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Demean is used to describe lowering the dignity or standing of someone or something.
- 2Debase is used to describe reducing the quality, value, or character of something.
- 3Disparage is used to describe belittling or criticizing someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Avoid Offense: Be careful when using these words as they can be offensive if used inappropriately.
- 3Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and nuance to your descriptions.
The antonyms of apotheosized convey a negative or lower status of something or someone. Demean describes lowering the dignity or standing, debase describes reducing the quality, value, or character, and disparage describes belittling or criticizing. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, avoid offense, and improve your writing by adding depth and nuance to your descriptions.