What is the antonym of “appetible”?
The antonyms of appetible are unappetizing and unpalatable. These words describe food or drinks that do not look, smell, or taste good.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not appealing or attractive to the appetite; not tempting or delicious.
The cafeteria served unappetizing food that no one wanted to eat.
Not pleasant or acceptable to the taste or palate; disagreeable or distasteful.
The medicine had an unpalatable taste that made it hard to swallow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unappetizing refers to food that does not look or smell good, while unpalatable refers to food that does not taste good.
- 2Unappetizing is a milder term than unpalatable, which implies a stronger negative reaction to the taste of food.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Food: Use unappetizing or unpalatable to describe food or drinks that do not look, smell, or taste good.
- 2Giving Feedback: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to give feedback on food or drinks.
- 3Writing Reviews: Utilize these antonyms in reviews of restaurants, cafes, or products to express your opinion on the quality of food or drinks.
The antonyms of appetible are unappetizing and unpalatable. Use unappetizing to describe food that does not look or smell good, and unpalatable to describe food that does not taste good. These words can be used to give feedback, describe food, or write reviews.