The Opposite(Antonym) of “archaising”
The antonym of archaising is modernizing, updating, and innovating. The antonyms modernizing, updating, and innovating convey a sense of making something new or current. It implies a process of improving or changing something to meet the needs of the present.
Definitions and Examples of modernizing, updating, innovating
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something modern or up-to-date by incorporating new ideas, methods, or technology.
The company is modernizing its production process to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
To bring something up-to-date by adding new information, features, or improvements.
I need to update my resume with my latest work experience.
To introduce new ideas, methods, or products that are original and creative.
The company is innovating in the field of renewable energy by developing new technologies.
Key Differences: modernizing vs updating vs innovating
- 1Modernizing refers to updating something to meet current standards or trends.
- 2Updating refers to bringing something up-to-date with new information or features.
- 3Innovating refers to introducing new and original ideas, methods, or products.
Effective Usage of modernizing, updating, innovating
- 1Business: Use modernizing, updating, and innovating to describe changes in business practices, products, or services.
- 2Technology: Use modernizing and updating to describe changes in technology or software.
- 3Education: Use modernizing and updating to describe changes in curriculum or teaching methods, and innovating to describe new educational approaches or tools.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Modernizing refers to updating to meet current standards, updating refers to bringing up-to-date with new information or features, and innovating refers to introducing new and original ideas. Use these words to describe changes in business practices, products, or services, technology, education, and more.