What is the antonym of “arguing”?
The antonyms of arguing are agreeing and conceding. The antonyms agreeing and conceding convey a positive or cooperative attitude. It implies a willingness to accept or acknowledge the other person's point of view.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have the same opinion or belief as someone else; to be in harmony or accord.
After discussing the matter, they ended up agreeing on the best course of action.
To acknowledge or admit the truth or validity of something, often reluctantly.
After much debate, he finally conceded that his opponent had a valid point.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agreeing is a term that describes two or more people having the same opinion or belief.
- 2Conceding is a term that describes one person acknowledging the truth or validity of something, often after a debate or argument.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use agreeing and conceding to show a positive or cooperative attitude in conversations.
- 2Resolve Conflicts: Incorporate antonyms in arguments to reach a mutual understanding and resolution.
- 3Improve Relationships: Utilize these antonyms to build trust and respect in personal and professional relationships.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Agreeing conveys a shared opinion or belief, while conceding acknowledges the truth or validity of something. Use these words to enhance communication, resolve conflicts, and improve relationships by building trust and respect.