What is the antonym of “arhythmic”?
The antonyms of arhythmic are rhythmic, regular, and steady. These words describe a pattern or quality of movement that is consistent, predictable, and smooth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a regular pattern of movement or sound.
The dancers moved in perfect rhythmic unison to the beat of the music.
Occurring at fixed intervals; conforming to a standard or pattern.
She has a regular exercise routine that she follows every day.
Constant in direction, strength, or intensity; not wavering or fluctuating.
He maintained a steady pace throughout the race and finished strong.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rhythmic describes a pattern of movement or sound that is consistent and predictable.
- 2Regular refers to something that occurs at fixed intervals and conforms to a standard or pattern.
- 3Steady describes something that is constant in direction, strength, or intensity and does not fluctuate.
Good things to know
- 1Music: Use rhythmic to describe music with a consistent beat.
- 2Exercise: Use regular to describe a consistent exercise routine.
- 3Work: Use steady to describe a consistent work pace or workload.
The antonyms of arhythmic describe consistent, predictable, and smooth patterns of movement or sound. Use rhythmic to describe music, regular to describe routines, and steady to describe consistent work pace or workload.