What is the antonym of “assaultive”?
The antonyms of assaultive are nonviolent and peaceful. The antonyms nonviolent and peaceful convey a lack of aggression or physical force. It implies a state of calmness, tranquility, and absence of conflict.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not involving or using physical force or violence.
The protesters were determined to stage a nonviolent demonstration against police brutality.
Free from disturbance; tranquil.
The sound of the waves crashing on the shore was so peaceful that it put her to sleep.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nonviolent is a term that describes actions or behaviors that do not involve physical force or violence.
- 2Peaceful is a more general term that describes a state of calmness, tranquility, and absence of conflict.
Good things to know
- 1Conflict Resolution: Use nonviolent and peaceful to promote peaceful conflict resolution.
- 2Describing Situations: Utilize these antonyms to describe situations that are either violent or nonviolent.
- 3Discussing Politics: Incorporate these antonyms in political discussions to express opinions about the use of force and violence.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Nonviolent describes actions or behaviors that do not involve physical force or violence, while peaceful describes a state of calmness, tranquility, and absence of conflict. Use these words to promote peaceful conflict resolution, describe situations, and express opinions about the use of force and violence in political discussions.