What is the antonym of “assisted”?
The antonyms of assisted are hindered and obstructed. The antonyms hindered and obstructed convey a negative meaning, implying that someone or something is preventing progress or success.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To create difficulties for someone or something, making it hard to make progress or achieve success.
The heavy rain hindered our progress on the hike, making it difficult to walk.
To block or prevent someone or something from moving forward or making progress.
The construction work obstructed the road, causing a traffic jam.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hindered implies that someone or something is creating difficulties that slow down progress or success.
- 2Obstructed implies that someone or something is blocking or preventing progress or success altogether.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use hindered and obstructed to describe situations where progress or success is being prevented.
- 2Problem Solving: Identify obstacles by using these antonyms and find ways to overcome them.
- 3Writing: Use these antonyms in narratives to create conflict and tension.
The antonyms hindered and obstructed convey a negative meaning, implying that someone or something is preventing progress or success. Hindered implies that progress is slowed down, while obstructed implies that progress is blocked altogether. Use these words to enhance communication, problem-solving, and writing.