What is the antonym of “asthenia”?
The antonyms of asthenia are strength and vigor. The antonyms strength and vigor convey a positive and energetic state. It implies a feeling of physical or mental power and vitality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being physically strong.
He had the strength to lift the heavy box and carry it upstairs.
Physical or mental energy, force, or enthusiasm.
After a good night's sleep, she woke up with renewed vigor and tackled her tasks with enthusiasm.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Strength refers to the quality or state of being physically strong.
- 2Vigor refers to physical or mental energy, force, or enthusiasm.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use strength and vigor to describe physical or mental states effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Strength conveys physical power, while vigor denotes physical or mental energy, force, or enthusiasm. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging characters.