The Opposite(Antonym) of “attainted”
The antonym of attainted is honored, respected, and esteemed. The antonyms honored, respected, and esteemed convey a positive or esteemed emotional state. It implies a sense of admiration, respect, or high regard.
Definitions and Examples of honored, respected, esteemed
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling proud and privileged to be recognized for one's achievements or qualities.
She felt honored to receive the award for her contributions to the community.
Held in high esteem or admiration by others for one's character, achievements, or position.
He was a respected leader in his field, known for his integrity and expertise.
Highly regarded or valued by others for one's qualities, achievements, or contributions.
The professor was an esteemed scholar in his field, with numerous publications and awards to his name.
Key Differences: honored vs respected vs esteemed
- 1Honored conveys a sense of pride and privilege for being recognized for one's achievements or qualities.
- 2Respected denotes a high level of admiration and esteem from others for one's character, achievements, or position.
- 3Esteemed implies a deep sense of value and respect from others for one's qualities, achievements, or contributions.
Effective Usage of honored, respected, esteemed
- 1Enhance Communication: Use honored, respected, and esteemed to express admiration and respect effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate gratitude and appreciation.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create admirable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Honored conveys pride and privilege, respected denotes admiration and esteem, and esteemed implies deep value and respect. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation in conversations, and enrich writing by creating admirable characters and compelling narratives.