What is the antonym of “attempted”?
The antonyms of attempted are successful and completed. The antonyms successful and completed convey a positive outcome or result. It implies that a task or action has been accomplished or achieved.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having achieved a desired outcome or result; having accomplished a goal.
After months of hard work, she finally landed her dream job and felt successful.
Having finished or ended; having reached the end of a task or activity.
He was relieved to have completed his project before the deadline.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Successful refers to achieving a desired outcome or result, while completed refers to finishing a task or activity.
- 2Successful implies a positive outcome, while completed does not necessarily imply a positive or negative outcome.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use successful and completed to describe achievements and accomplishments in writing.
- 2Job Interviews: Use successful to describe your achievements and accomplishments in previous jobs.
- 3Everyday Conversations: Use successful and completed to describe tasks or activities that you have accomplished or achieved.