What is the antonym of “attractable”?
The antonyms of attractable are uncontrollable, intractable, and unmanageable. These words describe something that cannot be easily controlled or managed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unable to be restrained or controlled.
The wildfire was uncontrollable and spread rapidly across the forest.
Difficult to manage or control; stubborn or unyielding.
The patient's illness was intractable and did not respond to any treatment.
Difficult or impossible to manage or control.
The class was so large that it became unmanageable for the teacher to handle.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Uncontrollable implies that something cannot be restrained or controlled, while intractable suggests that something is difficult to manage or control due to its stubbornness.
- 2Unmanageable means that something is difficult or impossible to manage or control, but it does not necessarily imply that it cannot be restrained.
Good things to know
- 1Problem-Solving: Use these antonyms to describe difficult situations that are hard to manage or control.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about classroom management or behavior management.
- 3Parenting: Use these antonyms to describe children who are difficult to manage or control.