What is the antonym of “attractiveness”?
The antonyms of attractiveness are unattractiveness and ugliness. These words describe the opposite of being visually appealing or attractive.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of not being visually appealing or attractive.
The unattractiveness of the building's exterior was a turn-off for potential buyers.
The quality of being unpleasant to look at; lacking beauty or charm.
The ugliness of the graffiti on the wall ruined the beauty of the park.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unattractiveness refers to the lack of visual appeal, while ugliness describes something that is unpleasant to look at.
- 2Unattractiveness can be used to describe a person or thing, while ugliness is usually used to describe a thing.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use these antonyms to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Critiquing Art or Design: Use these antonyms to critique art, design, or architecture.
- 3Discussing Preferences: Use these antonyms to express your preferences in terms of visual appeal.
The antonyms unattractiveness and ugliness describe the opposite of being visually appealing or attractive. While unattractiveness refers to the lack of visual appeal, ugliness describes something that is unpleasant to look at. Use these antonyms to describe physical appearance, critique art or design, or discuss preferences.