What is the antonym of “atwitter”?
The antonyms of atwitter are calm, composed, and relaxed. The antonyms calm, composed, and relaxed convey a state of tranquility, composure, and ease. It implies a lack of nervousness, anxiety, or agitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm before her big presentation.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the chaos around him, he remained composed and focused on his task.
Free from tension and anxiety; at ease.
After a long day at work, she likes to unwind and feel relaxed by taking a warm bath.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm describes a state of peacefulness and lack of strong emotions.
- 2Composed refers to having one's feelings and expressions under control.
- 3Relaxed conveys a sense of freedom from tension and anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Expressing Emotions: Use calm, composed, and relaxed to describe a state of tranquility and ease.
- 2Mental Health: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about mental health to discuss coping mechanisms and relaxation techniques.
- 3Describing Situations: Utilize these antonyms to describe situations that are peaceful, controlled, or free from tension.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm describes a state of peacefulness, composed refers to having one's feelings and expressions under control, and relaxed conveys a sense of freedom from tension and anxiety. Use these words to express emotions, discuss mental health, and describe situations that are peaceful, controlled, or free from tension.