What is the antonym of “augustness”?
The antonyms of augustness are humbleness and modesty. The antonyms humbleness and modesty convey a sense of humility or lack of arrogance. It implies a modest or unassuming attitude.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being humble; not having or showing any feelings of superiority, self-assertiveness, or showiness.
He showed humbleness by admitting his mistake and apologizing.
The quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
She displayed modesty by not bragging about her accomplishments.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humbleness is the quality of being humble and not having or showing any feelings of superiority or self-assertiveness.
- 2Modesty is the quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Express Humility: Use humbleness and modesty to express a lack of arrogance or superiority.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect for others.
- 3Encourage Collaboration: Utilize these antonyms in team settings to encourage collaboration and open communication.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Humbleness conveys a lack of superiority or self-assertiveness, while modesty refers to being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements. Use these words to express humility, show respect, and encourage collaboration in team settings.