What is the antonym of “auspicial”?
The antonyms of auspicial are inauspicious, unfavorable, and unpromising. These words convey a negative or unfavorable meaning, opposite to the positive and favorable connotation of auspicial.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not conducive to success or good fortune; unlucky or unfavorable.
The team's performance in the first half was inauspicious, and they struggled to catch up in the second half.
Not giving approval or support; disapproving or critical.
The company's financial report was unfavorable, and the investors decided to withdraw their funding.
Not showing signs of future success or development; unlikely to be successful.
The project's initial results were unpromising, and the team had to revise their strategy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inauspicious suggests bad luck or unfavorable circumstances.
- 2Unfavorable implies disapproval or criticism.
- 3Unpromising indicates a lack of potential for success or development.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn and use these antonyms to improve your vocabulary.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 3Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express different shades of meaning.