What is the antonym of “authoritativeness”?
The antonyms of authoritativeness are unreliability and doubtfulness. The antonyms unreliability and doubtfulness convey a lack of trustworthiness or credibility. It implies a lack of authority, reliability, or accuracy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being untrustworthy or not dependable.
Due to his unreliability, he was not given the responsibility of leading the project.
The state of being uncertain or questionable; lacking conviction or confidence.
The doubtfulness of his claims made people question his credibility.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unreliability refers to the quality of being untrustworthy or not dependable.
- 2Doubtfulness refers to the state of being uncertain or questionable, lacking conviction or confidence.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use unreliability and doubtfulness to express a lack of trustworthiness or credibility effectively.
- 2Show Critical Thinking: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more nuanced and accurate description of a situation or character.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unreliability conveys a lack of trustworthiness or dependability, while doubtfulness suggests uncertainty or questionable credibility. Use these words to enhance communication, show critical thinking in conversations, and enrich writing by creating more nuanced and accurate descriptions of situations or characters.