What is the antonym of “avenous”?
The antonyms of avenous are satiated and full. The antonyms satiated and full convey a state of being satisfied or having enough food to eat. They imply a lack of hunger or desire for more food.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling satisfied or full after eating; having no desire for more food.
After eating a big meal, he felt satiated and didn't want any dessert.
Having eaten enough food to satisfy one's hunger; not feeling hungry.
She ate a large breakfast and felt full for the rest of the morning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Satiated implies a complete satisfaction of hunger, while full implies a feeling of being satisfied but not necessarily completely full.
- 2Full is a more general term that can describe a feeling of satisfaction from any source, while satiated specifically refers to satisfaction from eating.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Eating Habits: Use these antonyms to describe how much food someone has eaten or how hungry they feel.
- 2Describe Feelings: Incorporate these antonyms to describe feelings of satisfaction or hunger in characters or people.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.