What is the antonym of “banality”?
The antonym of banality is originality, uniqueness, and novelty. The antonyms originality, uniqueness, and novelty convey a sense of newness, creativity, and freshness. It implies something that is not ordinary or commonplace.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being new, creative, and unique.
Her artwork was praised for its originality and fresh perspective.
The quality of being one of a kind; not like anything else.
The uniqueness of her fashion style made her stand out from the crowd.
The quality of being new, original, and unusual.
The novelty of the gadget attracted a lot of attention from tech enthusiasts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Originality refers to the quality of being new, creative, and unique.
- 2Uniqueness refers to the quality of being one of a kind and not like anything else.
- 3Novelty refers to the quality of being new, original, and unusual.
Good things to know
- 1Creative Writing: Use these antonyms to describe characters, settings, and plot points in stories.
- 2Art and Design: Incorporate these antonyms to describe art pieces, fashion styles, and interior design.
- 3Marketing and Advertising: Utilize these antonyms to create catchy slogans and product descriptions that stand out from the competition.