What is the antonym of “bannermen”?
The antonyms of bannermen are traitor and turncoat. The antonyms traitor and turncoat describe someone who betrays their allegiance or loyalty to a group or cause.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who betrays their country, friends, or principles.
He was labeled a traitor after he leaked confidential information to the enemy.
A person who changes their allegiance or loyalty from one group or cause to another.
He was called a turncoat when he switched political parties in the middle of his term.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Traitor refers to someone who betrays their country, friends, or principles.
- 2Turncoat refers to someone who changes their allegiance or loyalty from one group or cause to another.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use traitor and turncoat to describe politicians who switch parties or betray their constituents.
- 2History: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about historical figures who betrayed their country or cause.
- 3Literature: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create complex characters with conflicting loyalties.