What is the antonym of “bauld”?
The antonyms of bauld are timid and cowardly. The antonyms timid and cowardly convey a lack of courage or confidence. It implies a feeling of fear, nervousness, or hesitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened or hesitant.
She was too timid to speak up in front of the large audience.
Lacking courage or bravery; showing fear or timidity.
He acted cowardly by running away from the danger instead of facing it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Timid describes a person who is easily frightened or hesitant, while bauld describes a person who is brave and confident.
- 2Cowardly describes a person who lacks courage or bravery and shows fear or timidity, while bauld describes a person who is fearless and daring.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use bauld, timid, and cowardly to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Encourage Bravery: Use these antonyms to encourage bravery and confidence in yourself and others.
- 3Describe Characters: Use these antonyms to describe characters in stories, movies, or TV shows.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Timid describes a person who is easily frightened or hesitant, while cowardly describes a person who lacks courage or bravery. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, encourage bravery, and describe characters in stories.