What is the antonym of “beast”?
The antonyms of beast are human and person. The antonyms human and person refer to a living being with rational thought, emotions, and moral values. They imply a higher level of consciousness and social behavior than beast.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A member of the Homo sapiens species; a person.
Humans have the ability to reason, communicate, and create complex societies.
A human being regarded as an individual with unique qualities and attributes.
Each person has their own personality, preferences, and experiences that shape their identity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Human refers to a member of the Homo sapiens species, while beast refers to any animal or creature that is not human.
- 2Person emphasizes the individuality and uniqueness of a human being, while beast does not have such connotations.
Good things to know
- 1Animal Classification: Use beast to describe non-human animals in a general sense.
- 2Humanizing Language: Use human and person to emphasize the rational thought, emotions, and moral values of humans.
- 3Avoiding Insults: Be careful when using beast to avoid offending someone who may feel insulted by the term.
The antonyms human and person refer to a living being with rational thought, emotions, and moral values, while beast refers to any animal or creature that is not human. Use these words to classify animals, emphasize human qualities, and avoid insulting someone who may feel offended by the term beast.