What is the antonym of “bedevil”?
The antonyms of bedevil are aid, assist, and help. The antonyms aid, assist, and help convey a positive action that supports or benefits someone or something. It implies a sense of cooperation, assistance, or support.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To provide assistance or support to someone or something in need.
The government provided financial aid to the victims of the natural disaster.
To help or support someone in completing a task or achieving a goal.
The teacher offered to assist the students with their homework after class.
To give assistance or support to someone in need.
Can you help me carry these boxes to the car?
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Aid is often used in the context of providing financial or material support.
- 2Assist is used when someone needs help in completing a task or achieving a goal.
- 3Help is a general term that can be used in various contexts to offer support or assistance.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Conversations: Use aid, assist, and help to offer support or assistance in daily conversations.
- 2Professional Settings: Utilize these antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate teamwork and collaboration.
- 3Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to convey a positive action that supports or benefits someone or something.