What is the antonym of “befogging”?
The antonyms of befogging are clarify, enlighten, and illuminate. These words convey the opposite meaning of befogging, which means to confuse or obscure something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something clear or easier to understand.
Could you please clarify your instructions? I'm not sure what you mean.
To give someone knowledge or understanding about a subject.
The teacher's lecture enlightened the students about the history of the country.
To provide light or clarity to something.
The streetlights illuminated the dark alley, making it safer for pedestrians.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clarify is used when something is unclear or confusing and needs to be made more understandable.
- 2Enlighten is used when someone needs to be given knowledge or understanding about a subject.
- 3Illuminate is used when something needs to be made clearer or more visible, often by providing light.
Good things to know
- 1In Education: Use clarify, enlighten, and illuminate to help students understand complex concepts.
- 2In Communication: Use these antonyms to express ideas clearly and avoid misunderstandings.
- 3In Writing: Utilize these words to make your writing more concise and understandable.
The antonyms of befogging are clarify, enlighten, and illuminate. Use these words to help others understand complex concepts, express ideas clearly, and make your writing more concise and understandable.