What is the antonym of “begrudged”?
The antonym of begrudged are approve and generous. The antonyms approve and generous convey a positive or contented emotional state. It implies a feeling of satisfaction, pleasure, or willingness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To officially agree to or accept something as satisfactory.
The committee will approve the budget if it meets all the requirements.
Willing to give more than is necessary or expected; showing kindness and compassion.
He was generous enough to donate a large sum of money to the charity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Approve is a verb that describes the act of agreeing or accepting something as satisfactory.
- 2Generous is an adjective that describes a person or action that is willing to give more than is necessary or expected.
Good things to know
- 1Express Agreement: Use approve to express agreement or acceptance of something.
- 2Show Gratitude: Use generous to show appreciation for someone's kindness or willingness to give.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Approve conveys agreement or acceptance, while generous describes a person or action that is willing to give more than is necessary or expected. Use these words to express agreement, show gratitude, and enrich your vocabulary.