What is the antonym of “beside”?
The antonyms of beside are far from and away from. The antonyms far from and away from convey distance or separation from something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The nearest hospital is far from our house, so we have to drive for an hour to get there.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Far from implies a greater distance than away from.
- 2Away from can also imply a sense of movement or direction, while far from only conveys distance.
Good things to know
- 1Location: Use far from and away from to describe the distance between two places or objects.
- 2Direction: Use away from to indicate movement or direction away from something.
- 3Comparison: Use far from to emphasize a greater distance compared to another location.
The antonyms of beside are far from and away from. Far from implies a greater distance than away from, and away from can also imply a sense of movement or direction. Use these words to describe location, direction, and comparison.