What is the antonym of “bifurcated”?
The antonym of bifurcated are united, combined, and merged. The antonyms united, combined, and merged convey a sense of coming together or being joined as one.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Joined together to form a single entity or group.
The team was united in their goal to win the championship.
Made up of two or more parts or elements.
The recipe called for a combined total of two cups of flour and sugar.
To combine or blend two or more things into one.
The two companies merged to form a larger corporation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1United implies a sense of togetherness and working towards a common goal.
- 2Combined refers to two or more things that have been brought together but may still be distinguishable.
- 3Merged suggests a complete blending of two or more things into a single entity.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use united to describe a country or political party that is working together towards a common goal.
- 2Mathematics: Use combined to describe the sum of two or more numbers or quantities.
- 3Business: Use merged to describe two or more companies that have combined to form a larger corporation.
The antonyms of bifurcated have distinct nuances: United implies togetherness, combined refers to bringing two or more things together, and merged suggests a complete blending of two or more things. These words can be used in different contexts such as politics, mathematics, and business to convey different meanings.