What is the antonym of “biggest”?
The antonyms of biggest are smallest, tiniest, and least significant. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of biggest, which is something that is the largest or most significant in size or importance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Of the least size or amount; tiny or little.
The smallest puppy in the litter was also the cutest.
Extremely small in size or amount.
The tiniest details can sometimes make the biggest difference.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Smallest refers to the least size or amount, while tiniest refers to something extremely small.
- 2Least significant refers to something of the lowest degree of importance or significance.
Good things to know
- 1Comparisons: Use these antonyms to compare different sizes or degrees of importance.
- 2Descriptions: Use these antonyms to describe the size or importance of something.
- 3Academic Writing: Use these antonyms in academic writing to show a range of vocabulary and to avoid repetition.
The antonyms of biggest are smallest, tiniest, and least significant. Use smallest to refer to the least size or amount, tiniest to describe something extremely small, and least significant to refer to something of the lowest degree of importance or significance. These antonyms can be used in comparisons, descriptions, and academic writing to show a range of vocabulary and avoid repetition.