Definitions and Examples of flourishing, thriving
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Growing or developing in a healthy and vigorous way; thriving.
The garden was flourishing with colorful flowers and lush greenery.
Prospering; growing or developing vigorously.
The small business was thriving due to its excellent customer service and quality products.
Key Differences: flourishing vs thriving
- 1Flourishing describes something that is growing or developing in a healthy and vigorous way.
- 2Thriving describes something that is prospering and growing vigorously.
Effective Usage of flourishing, thriving
- 1Business: Use flourishing and thriving to describe successful businesses.
- 2Nature: Use flourishing and thriving to describe healthy plants, animals, and ecosystems.
- 3Personal Growth: Use flourishing and thriving to describe personal development and success.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Flourishing describes healthy growth, while thriving denotes prosperity and success. Use these words to describe successful businesses, healthy nature, and personal growth and success.