What is the antonym of “boatload”?
The antonyms of boatload are few and scarcity. The antonyms few and scarcity convey a sense of shortage or insufficiency. They imply a lack of abundance, excess, or surplus.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A small number of things or people; not many.
There were only a few people at the party, so it was quite intimate.
The state of being in short supply; a shortage or lack of something.
The scarcity of water in the desert made survival difficult for the hikers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Few describes a small number of things or people.
- 2Scarcity describes a state of being in short supply or a shortage of something.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 3Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express ideas more precisely.
The antonyms of boatload are few and scarcity. Few describes a small number of things or people, while scarcity describes a state of being in short supply or a shortage of something. Use these antonyms to enrich your vocabulary, writing, and conversations.