Definitions and Examples of ignore, neglect
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
He decided to ignore the negative comments and focus on the positive ones.
Fail to care for properly; disregard or ignore through lack of attention.
She was accused of neglecting her duties as a parent.
Key Differences: ignore vs neglect
- 1Ignore implies a deliberate decision not to pay attention or acknowledge something or someone.
- 2Neglect implies a failure to care for or give proper attention to something or someone.
Effective Usage of ignore, neglect
- 1Enhance Communication: Use ignore and neglect to express a lack of attention or action effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Ignore conveys a deliberate decision not to pay attention, while neglect implies a failure to care for something or someone. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.